All of us at SafetyPIN are disappointed that we’ve had to cease operations. We are continuing to look for a long-term solution and will post any updates here and on our Facebook page.
SafetyPIN exists to increase trust and safety on gig and sharing apps, by screening for what really matters and never just “checking a box.”
Our members appreciate being able to share their SafetyPINs to give potential employers, dates, renters, etc. greater peace of mind while protecting their own privacy and keeping their personal information secure.
If someone shares with you that they were “SafetyPIN screened,” you can be confident they met all the requirements set by our team of law enforcement and psychological experts. For every applicant, we screened:
- Over 450 million national criminal records searched
- Over 10,000 sources of data checked for ID verification and all previous addresses
- Social Security Number Trace
- National Sex Offender Registry
- National Alias Search
- Global Watchlist
- Financial judgment and bankruptcy records
- Driving record review*
- “Beyond County” records for everywhere the applicant lived since they turned 18** (You can even ask them to share their detailed report to see everywhere we checked)
- Proprietary Beacon Behavioral Review – designed with criminal profilers and experts to eliminate people that set off red flags, even if they don’t have a criminal record
* Limited information was available for some states, including Georgia, Massachusetts, Michigan, Tennessee and Wisconsin, as they don’t share driving record data.
**Criminals don’t stop at the county line, so neither did we. We screened a broad radius from every address based on Department of Justice statistics on how far from home a crime is usually committed. We then increased that distance almost 70%. That allowed us to discover criminal records that don’t show on a standard county level screening.
© 2021 SafetyPIN Technologies